Monday 1 February 2016

Reflections on PPP Group Progress Crit

I spoke today about my post-uni plans, my application for jaguar, how my self-promotion is relevant to that (including my logo), my intentions to contact The Distance in York and Vivid in Sheffield, and how people have contacted me through my university blog and my Behance page. It made me realise the following things:

  • I'm a lot further on with PPP than I thought I was, and I'm a lot more clued up on what I need to be doing next than I gave myself credit for, which makes me feel more confident about it.
  • If my current web presence is getting me noticed by people, a website isn't a priority for self-promotion, especially if I want to work internally at a company, where my employment is gained from people contacting me.
  • Bridging any potential gap between leaving uni and finding a full-time job will be done by part-time freelance work and part-time work elsewhere for a more reliable source of income. This being the case, I need to start identifying how I'm going to find freelance work, and act on the routes I've already created such as Harri Larkin. So getting some business cards sent down to Bristol (where they're based) sooner rather than later is important.
  • I'm going to need to create a new e-mail account for freelance work as neither a hotmail account or a student e-mail address seem very professional. A private Gmail account is probably the best route to take because I'm familiar with it.
  • I've identified the studios I want to contact, I know just need to do actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment